Forrester Research conducted a survey on 170 interactive marketers.
The powerpoint summarizing the study gives some interesting information:
– The emerging channels for marketing and advertising are RSS, podcasts, interactive banners, ads in online videos, blogs and social networks
– Mobile, in game ads and virtual worlds will struggle to convince the marketers
– e-Mail and Search engine marketing remain top of mind
– Proof of use is the main driver in the choice of a channel
– Digital marketeers do not regard online communication as a way to increase brand awareness (with an exception for online videos)
I really like the title of the conclusion slide: The wait is over, it’s time to get involved!